Routes And Timetables
If you want to get pleasure from your trip, you should plan everything beforehand: routes and timetables, transport and packing, good company and places to visit.
A tourist agency or a travelling bureau is the place where you can get a lot of information on the best route to your destination. You will find out whether there is a through train to the place or you will have to change trains.
Get as much information as possible before you set off: what days trains or boats run, what intervals they run at, what time they get to the place, how long the journey will take, when the plane takes off, etc.
I choose travelling by bus. So, today my destination is one of the main cultural centres of Ukraine, Lviv. I take my luggage and leave home. I need to get to the bus station and buy the ticket. I take a taxi to the station. I get into the taxi. In 10 minutes I am on the station. I get out of the taxi and run across the street. Then I walk up the steps and enter the hall of the bus station. I look at the arrival and departure board.Here I can find the information about the bus I need and specify the timetable.Then I go to the ticket window.A friendly cashier sells me a ticket. Now I must stick to the timetable in order not to be late. I walk down the steps and go to the platform. Here I wait for my bus. It comes in time and I embus. In half an hour the bus gets on the highway. We drive through the tunnels and under the bridge. We leave hundreds of kilometres behind and, finally, I am on the Lviv bus station. I get off the bus. I pass through the crowds of people. I need to get to the subway. It runs to a timetable and delivers me to my hotel. 10 minutes later I am in front of my hotel. I cross the road, enter the hall, take a lift and finally I am in my room. I leave the luggage there and run to observe the beauty of the old historical city. And my route becomes even more interesting and I have no time limitation.
- How do you get to know the world and the culture of different nations?
- Why do many people travel?
- What are the means of travelling?
- What plays an important role in your trip being successful?
- What is your favourite vehicle for travelling?
- What countries/ cities do you like to visit? Why?
- When do you buy tickets: on the day of travel or beforehand?
- How do you get to the station?
- Describe your route from the home to the station.
- What do you do on the station?
- Where can you specify the timetable?
- Where do you go to buy a ticket?
- What should you do in order not to be late?
- What do you drive past when you are on the highway?
- What transport do you use to get to the hotel? How much time does it take?
- What do you do after you are in the room?