by Tatiana Savchyna
- What do you feel when something unexpected happens to you?
- Have you ever had any unexpected but very pleasant occurrences? What were they? What did you feel?
- What are the reasons of earthquakes? What are the consequences of the powerful ones?
- What can a tsunami be caused by? What happens next? Can tsunamis cause big numbers of casualties? What should people do in case of a tsunami to survive?
- What is the most devastating natural disaster from your point of view? Why do you think so? Can it be predicted somehow? Can the consequences of this disaster be lessened? What way? Why not?
- What man-caused disasters /catastrophes can you think of? Can they be prevented? Which is more effective to punish people (e.g.impose big fines) or educate them saying that they can harm themselves and other people and nature as well? Why?
- Under what conditions can people be evacuated from the place of dwelling?What should people have with them if they are going to be evacuated?
- What would you do if you went out in sandals and light clothes to find that it was cold and rainy?
- Imagine you have got lost at the airport abroad and you know English not so well, what will you do?
- You have been left behind by your group. You have little moneyor anything else, only documents. What will you do?
- You need money so much, so you have agreed to work as an instructor on survival techniques with your peers at a camp. What will you teach to them?
- What would you advise to a person who is going to take a very important exam and suddenly has a headache.
- What would you do if you needed to get from home to school very fastand if there were a lot of traffic jams in the streets?
- What would you say to your children about natural and man-caused disasters to secure them against such things?