At the Seaside
When a hectic period of time at work is over I decide to go to the seaside. I go to the seaside because there I retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, breathe in healthy sea air, and lounge away my time. I always sunbathe on the beach to get tanned and serene. If I want to explore new places and try, I go abroad to visit a modern and comfortable seaside resort where I try endless options for activities and amenities.
When I arrive at the place I go to the hotel, to the hostel, to the cottage or room I reserve beforehand. I show my passport and fill in a check-in form. A few minutes later I settle in my room or suite, put on my summer clothes, take my bag, sunscreen and go to the beach. On the beach I lie on my towel or rent a beach bed or deck chair. I prefer sunbathing on a deserted beachto listen to the silence and stillness of the seashore. When I get relaxed I go into the sea to plunge into the pleasure of the sea water. I like swimming using such styles as the breaststroke and the crawl. In order to observe underwater world I go snorkelling and diving. I don't sunbathe in the afternoon because it is harmful for skin. So, I go to my room for my afternoon nap. In the evening I like trying different resort amenities or go to neighbouring places to go on an excursion or to restaurants where I can try some ethnic food.
When my time at the seaside is over I feel relaxed, happy, and full of energy.Moreover I start feeling homesick.
P. S. I also feel satisfied because of my suntan!
- Do you get to the seaside resorts by train, car or by bus? / How do you get to the seaside resort?
- Do you have a rest at the seaside alone or with other people?
- What do you usually take with you to have a good rest?
- Do you like travelling light?
- Do you plan your rest well in advance or decide to set off in a blink?
- Do you go to a restaurant or cater for yourself?
- What equipment and facilities do you prefer to have in your room when you are on holidays?
- How often do you go to the disco or parties when you are at the seaside?
- Are you angry when the weather prevents you from going to the beach?
- What do you usually do when the weather is bad and you can't go to the beach?
- Do you often get acquainted with people at the seaside?
- Do you get in touch with your new acquaintances after you leave the resort?
- Do you get up early to get to the beach at dawn?
- Do you make sandcastles or look for different shells on the beach?
- Do you feel disgusted when you see jellyfish?
- Do you go to the shore to listen to the waves and admire sunsets?
- Do you like exploring neighbouring caves, waterfalls or mountains?
- How long does it take you to get homesick?
- Do you usually go to the same resort or different one every year?
- Do you usually share your impressions with your friends or you keep them for yourself?