Cooking Discussion Questions Mixed Grammar Points
1. How often do you make food and eat it? Were you busy yesterday to cook? If not, what did you cook yesterday?
Were you watching any films or listening to music while you were cooking?
2. Do you think toasting bread, preparing instant noodles, or boiling an egg to is 'cooking' Why or why not?
How often do you toast bread? Have you toasted bread today?
Do you ever prepare instant noodles? When did you make instant noodles last time?
Do you make instant coffee?
How often do you boil eggs? Have you boiled eggs this week? What did you boil eggs for?
3. What’s your favorite dish to make? What ingredients do you need?
Where do you buy products for your favorite meal? Do you look for discounts when you are buying products?
4. Cooking or baking: what’s more fun? What’s more difficult? When did you bake last time?
What have you baked this week?
How much did your households like what you baked?
5. Who did most of the cooking in your house when you were growing up?
Did you help? How did you help? Is that experience useful now? Why? What did you learn?
6. In many cultures, women cook more often than men. Why is this? Do men in your family cook? What do they cook? What have they cooked so far?
7. Is cooking a social activity for you? Do you like to do it with other people, or do your prefer to do it alone?
8. How have you learned the cooking skills that you have?
9. Have you ever taken a cooking class? If so, what did you learn? If not, would you like to take one? What would you like to learn? Who would you like to learn from?
10. Did you ever consider becoming a professional chef or working in the restaurant industry? Why or why would you like to host a culinary show? Why/not?
11. Have you tried cooking food from another culture? What did you prepare? How was it?
12. Which region has the widest range of available ingredients?
13. Is it cost-effective to do your own cooking? Can you save money by cooking? How?
14. Would you rather do the cooking or do the washing up afterwards?
15. What kind of message does cooking for another person express?
16. Do you use recipes to cook? If so, where do you get the best recipes?
Do you get them from friends, family, online, or from cookbooks?
Where did you find the last recipe? What did you change in it?
17. Have you ever tried to prepare some food and just totally ruined it? What happened?
Have you ever thrown meals that you cooked?
18. Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out at a restaurant? Why?
19. Sometimes it can be hard to find ingredients.
Is there an ingredient that you had difficulty finding? What did you do about this problem?
20. Do you have a lot of cooking equipment?
How often do you use it all?
Do you have any pieces of equipment that you rarely use?
Which pieces equipment are you dreaming of? Do you buy them online or offline?