It Wasn't His Fault
Mr. and Mrs. Williams got married when he was twenty-three and she was twenty. Twenty five years later, they had a big party, and a photographer came and took some photographs of them.
Then the photographer gave Mrs. Williams a card and said: «They'll be ready next Wednesday. You can get them from the studio.»
«No,» Mrs. Williams said, «please send them to us.»
The photographs arrived a week later, but Mrs. Williams was not happy when she saw them. She got into her car and drove to the photographer's studio. She went inside and said angrily, «You took some photographs of me and my husband last week, but I'm not going to pay for them.»
«Oh, why not?» the photographer asked.
«Because my husband looks like a monkey,» Mrs. Williams said.
«Well,» the photographer answered, «that isn't our fault. Why didn't you think of that before you married him?»
From Stories, Tales and Songs — укладач О.І.Близнюк
- Who took photographs of Mr. and Mrs. Williams?
- Where did Mrs. Williams go when she saw the photographs?
- What did she say to the photographer?
- Why didn't Mrs. Williams want to pay?
- What did the photographer say to Mrs. Williams?