Rooms in a House
Level: pre-intermediate / intermediate
Concerns: Present Simple / Present Continuous
Use: things to do in rooms.
Where can you do these things?
1. What can you do in different rooms?
2. Imagine you are preparing for a party. Your friends and relatives are helping you. What are you all doing?
3. Mime different activities so that your group-mates could guess what you are doing.
4. Play the Freeze/Unfreeze game with these activities. All students stand up and try to move to imitate different activities that can be done in a certain room. THEN leader says "freeze", all students stop moving. The leader asks questions and tries to guess what they are doing asking questions in Present Continuous: "Are you sweeping the floor?” The Wrong one is lazy and doesn't do anything. The leader guesses what he/she is not doing.
5. You are preparing for a serious test/exam. What are you doing now? What aren’t you doing now?( the activities you usually do). It’s Saturday today . What are people in your family doing?
6. It’s 7am/8am/9am/10am/11am/12am/1pm/2pm on Sunday and so on. What are you doing now?
7. Who usually does these things in your family? Who usually cooks soup?
8. What does modern Cinderella do?
9. What is there in the rooms where you can do these activities? There is a carpet to vacuum.