Subject Infinitive Complex
Paraphrase the following sentences using the model.
Model1. It is said (that) they learn Japanese. They are said to learn Japanese.
2. It is said (that) they are learning Japanese. They are said to be learning Japanese.
3. It is said (that) they have learned a lot Japanese words. They are said to have learned a lot Japanese words.
4. It is said (that) they have been learning Japanese since childhood. They are said to have been learning Japanese since childhood.
5. It is said (that) Japanese is learned at schools as the second language.Japanese is said to be learned at schools as the second language.
6. It is said (that) Japanese was learned at schools as the second language. Japanese is said to have been learned at schools as the second language.
1. It is known that they speak Chinese well.
2. It is said that she knows several oriental languages.
3. It is reported that the prison is overcrowded.
4. It is considered that employment promotion is very effective for reducing poverty.
5. It is believed that the criminals have been put in prison after the sentence.
6. It is thought that they are making a serious effort to improve the conditions in the club.
7. It is found that coca cultivation has led to deforestation.
8. It is known that he has always been chatty and cordial.
9. It is expected that the meeting will bring together most entrepreneurs.
10. It is supposed that shopkeepers will not sell knives and other sharp implements to children.
11. It is seen that a new machine is operating safely.
12. It was heard that they had been quarreling since morning.
13. It was felt that the club has had some difficulties for the last year.
14. Passers-by watched how the criminal climbed over the fence.
15. We observed how the horses galloped in the field.
16. The burglar noticed that money was locked in the safe.
17. It is ordered that everyone should leave the house.
18. The doctor advised that he should take sleeping pills.
19. We asked her to bring coffee.
20. Father allowed his son to take a little sip of scotch.
21. The financial crisis forced the universities to cut staff.
22. The performance made the critics laugh.
23. It proves that a plan is a great success.
24. It tuned out that the job was beyond his rather limited abilities.
25. It happened that there was a clash of personalities in our team.
26. It appears that the money I borrowed has been stolen.
27. It seems that I gave you very precise instructions.