The First and the Last
When George was thirty-five, he bought a small plane and learned to fly it. He soon became very good and made his plane to do all kinds of tricks.
George had a friend. His name was Mark. One day George offered to take Mark up in his plane. Mark thought, «I've traveled in a big plane several times, but I've never been in a small one, so I'll go.»
They went up, and George flew around for half an hour and did all kinds of tricks in the air.
When they came down, Mark was very glad to be back safely, and he said to his friend in a shaking voice, «Well, George, thank you very much for those two trips in your plane.»
George was very surprised and said, «Two trips?»
«Yes, my first and my last,» answered Mark.
From Stories, Tales and Songs — укладач О.І.Близнюк
- What did George learn to do when he was thirty-five?
- Who went up with him in his small plane?
- What did George do while they were in the air?
- What did Mark say when they were on the ground again?
- What did George say then?
- What did Mark answer?