Accept vs Except
- She excepted / accepted his present unwillingly.
- Eventually she was persuaded to accept / except an offer of marriage.
- Everything is arranged accept / except for the tickets and passports.
- I except / accept him as the greatest expert in astrology.
- Many men still have difficulty accepting / excepting a woman as a business partner.
- She never offered anyone advice, except / accept it were asked of her.
- Neat old clothes will be gratefully excepted / accepted by jumble sale organizers.
- He was naked except / acceptfor his socks and pants.
- Britain's reluctant to accept / except a proposal for a single European currency.
- We advised the newspapers not to except / accept the advertising project.
- Our uniform and berets were the same accept /except mine was blue.
- I don't take any drugs whatsoever, accept / except aspirin for colds.