A Very Bad Impression
Six people were traveling in a compartment on a train. Five of them were quiet and well behaved, but the sixth was a rude young man was causing a lot of trouble to the other passengers.
At last this young man got out on a station with his two heavy bags. None of the other passengers helped him, but one of them waited until the rude young man was very far away, and then opened the window and shouted to him,«You left something behind in the compartment!» Then he closed the window again.
The young man turned around and hurried back with his two bags. He was very tired when he arrived, but he shouted through the window, «What did I leave behind?»
As the train began to move again, the passenger who had called himback opened the window and said, «A very bad impression!»
From Stories, Tales and Songs — укладач О.І.Близнюк
- How was the sixth passenger in the compartment different from the other five?
- What did he take with him when he got out?
- What did the passenger shout to him when he was very far away?
- What did the rude young man do then?
- What did he ask when he got back to the compartment window?
- What did the passengers in the compartment answer?