Am, Is, Are Exercises
Put am/is/are into gaps.
- My bed _________ new.
- I ________ busy.
- Your cigarettes_______ in your pocket.
- I __________ very happy.
- This restaurant ________ modern.
- The shops ________ not open.
- My daughter _______ sixteen years old.
- The houses _______ very old.
- The exam _______ difficult.
- These flowers _______ beautiful.
- My shoes ________ very dirty.
Put am not, is not (isn’t), are not (aren’t) into gaps.
1. Paris ... the capital of Italy.
2. I ... interested in football.
3. I ... hungry.
4. It ... warm today.
5. Rome ... in Spain.
6. I ... afraid of dogs.
7. My hands ... cold.
8. Canada ... a small country.
9. Diamonds ... cheap.
10. Motor-racing ... a safe sport.
11. Cats ... big animals.
Circle the correct word.
1.What is/am your name? — My name are/is Shirley Frank.
2. What are/is your address? — My address am/is 22 Green Park.
3. What are/is your phone number? — My phone number am/is 718-1930.
4. Where is/are you from? — I are/am from Ukraine.
5. I is/am a teacher.
6. My father is/are not a teacher, he is/are a dentist.
7. Is/Are your aunt a doctor? — Yes, she is/are.
8. Is/Are they at home? — No, they is/are not at home, they is/are at work.
9. My brother is/are a worker. He is/are at work.
10.Am/Are you an engineer? — Yes, I is/am.
11. Is/Are your sister a dentist? — No, she is/am not a dentist, she is/am a student.
12. Is/Are your son at school? — Yes, he is/am.
13. Is/Are your sister at a cafe? — No, she is/am not at a cafe.
14. My mum is/am at home.
15. Is/Are this your watch? — Yes, it is/am.
16. She is/am an actress.
17. This is/am my bag.
18. My aunt is/am an office worker.
19. He is/am at the library.
20. Helen is/are a travel agent.