Going Through the Customs
by Olena Chala
When you would like to travel abroad, you have to learn all the process and know all details how to go through the customs.
Arrive at the airport two hours before your departure time. It is very important to arrive at least two hours before your flight takes off. It seems you have plenty of time but you have to check in and go through security and these lines may be long.
Make it easy for yourself to get through the customs.
Keep in readiness your passport, ticket or boarding pass to give it to the attendant Check in your hold luggage. Mind that it`s not overweight. If you luggage is over the allowed weight prepare to pay the overweight fee. Take and fill in a customer form (questionnaire) correctly. Check the departure board to see if the flight will live on time.
The first stop is a passport control. You have to give your passport, ticket and customer form to the officer. Then take out your bag of liquids and put it in the basket (tray). Take off your belt, watch, shoes and coat and put them in the basket (tray) too. Then put your basket (tray) and hand luggage on the conveyor belt for checking. Answer any questions the security guard may ask.
As your things go through the x-ray machine, go through the detector. If the detector beeps prepare to be asked to lift your arms and to be frisked.
Collect all your own things. Have a nice flight.
1. What do you have to know when you would like to travel abroad?
2. What details do you have to know?
3. When do you arrive at the airport?
4. Why do you arrive at the airport two hours before?
5. Is it very important to arrive at least two hours before your flight takes off?
6. What do you make easy for yourself?
7. What do you keep in readiness?
8. Do you check your luggage?
9. Do you mind that your luggage isn`t overweight?
10. What do you do if your luggage is overweight?
11. What do you have to pay if your luggage is overweight?
12. What do you fill in correctly?
13. Why do you check the departure board?
14. Where is your first stop?
15. What do you have to give to the officer?
16. Do you take out your bag of liquids?
17. Why do you take out your bag of liquids?
18. Where do you put it?
19. What do you take off?
20. Where do you put your own things?
21. What do you put on the conveyor belt?
22. Why do you put a basket with your things on the conveyor belt?
23. What does the security guard ask you?
24. What do you say to him?
25. Where do your things go through?
26. Do you go through the detector?
27. What does the security guard do when the detector beeps?
28. What do you do at the end of checking?