Present Continuous Passive
Present Continuous in Passive Voice is formed by:
Subject + am/is/are + being + Ved/3d column for statements.
Am/is/are + subject + being + Ved/3d column for questions.
Subject + am/is/are (+not) + being + Ved/3d column for negatives.
Read and comment on the use of Present Continuous Passive Voice.
- The insects are being brushed off the clothes taken from the attic.
- The door is being hammered at.
- The workforce is being slashed.
- Look , the child is being pulled along the street by a suspicious man.
- Be careful. The roof is being mended.
- The dinner is being served.
- The town is being served with contaminated water.
- What is your home being left for? A rugged life in the desert?
- Is anything being kept a secret?
- The factory's production is currently being cut back.
- Silence. The verdict is being delivered.
- You are being warned of what might happen.
- Your repeated lateness is being reported to the boss.
- She is being invited to exhibit at several French museums.
- No foreign painters are being exhibited.
- I am being accused of stealing from my employer.
- The products are being offered at a very competitive price.
- Am I being compared with my mother.
- I am being stung by your mockery.
- The room is being clean swept.
Practice on Active into Passive and vice versa transformation.
- They are showing me the easiest way to do it.
- He is always comparing himself with his father.
- Negotiations are still being held.
- Everyone even slightly involved is being interrogated.
- They are planning the revenge.
- Customers are being badly served.
- We are looking for alternatives.
- What is being discussed?
- Why am I always being ignored?
- Final comments are being emailed.
- You are always criticising my ideas.
- You are handing a hundred dollar bill absolutely for nothing.
- The referee is being escorted from the football field by a strong police guard.
- It is being said that too little money is being spent by the government on roads.
- Where is the car? It is being put into the garage.
- The warehouse is being guarded by the police.
- The runways are being lengthened at all the main airports.
- Tents are being pitched all around.
- A delicious fish soup is being cooked over the fire.
- Some effects of certain chemicals on the human brain are still being researched.