Present Perfect Passive
Comment on the following examples. Change them into Active Voice.
Think of a proper action doer if it is not mentioned.
- Since prehistoric time extraneous substances have been added to food by man.
- Oh! The taste has been made more interesting with adding more spices.
- A better life has always been searched by mankind.
- Physical hazards to health still have not been eliminated at the factory.
- Tablets have not been locked away, which is why the child is reaching for the bottle of pills.
- A tropical “Brown Widow” spider, new to the Los Angeles area has been found.
- Tiny machines such as transistors the size of a single molecule have already been created by new technology.
- Look. The steps have been sanded and they are not slippery.
- This crockery has always been used on special occasions.
- Too many nails have been hammered. Now we have to pull some out.
- The picture has been ruined with a hugeblob of paint.
- The old house has been pulled down. There is going to be a new car park.
- The roof does not leak. It has been mended.
- The mirror has been accidentally broken. Will it bring bad luck?
- A table for two has already been booked.
- It smells delicious. The refreshments have been served.
- Has my mountain bicycle been repaired yet?
- The neighbour’s home has been broken by burglars.
- Look. Your socks have been worn into holes.
- The twins have been delivered by Caesarean section.
- We have just been warned of pickpockets.