Take after or Look like
take after - resemble parents in appearance, but more in behaviour or character.
look like - to be similar in appearance to someone or something
- He takes after / looks like his father, as absent-minded as he used to be.
- Greta takes after / looks like her mother, as beautiful as a picture.
- Both brothers take after / look like each other, but the elder is more bad tempered; he takes after / looks like his irritable father.
- Why not try to take after / look like your parents who are honest and hardworking people.
- Though she takes after / looks like her sweet-tempered mother, she takes after/ looks like her plain father.